Sunday, October 14, 2007

Prayerful musings








Life has been getting busier over the last couple of weeks. Suddenly I find myself working on research projects, starting an internship @ the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, sitting in on lectures, etc., etc.






There is so much that I must remember not to take for granted: the shear beauty of the sea (in which I bravely took a swim today--- it is far colder than any body of water I have touched), the ancient ora of St. Andrews, the many different accents I hear everywhere I go, and certainly the goodness of God who has allowed me to experience all of this.






It has been great worshiping with different nationalities. I was very moved during a prayer meeting as I heard the Word read in African, English, Scottish, Irish, and American accents. It made me think of heaven and what it will be like to hear every man praise God in his own tongue.






In addition to Christian Union Bible studies and fellowships, I have been attending the local Baptist Church on Sunday mornings (services are held in the local high school because the church is too small for the Sunday morning crowd) and the Free Church on Sunday evenings. The Free Church is very conservative. Every week we sing Psalms A- Capella. It really is wonderful. The pictures I am enclosing are of a Medieval church associated with the University. I haven't taken pictures of the places I attend, but I will soon. They are really worth a look as well.






Best wishes to all! It is so good to have people and places at home to miss.






Ryan Joshua



1 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Pastor Rob said...

Ryan,

I rejoice with you for your opportunity and for all Father is showing you!

I once led worship for a congregation of about 200 Latinos and 200 Anglos, each singing in their own language. I imagined this was a "foretaste of glory divine!"

I thanks Jesus for you, brother! God's best to and through you!

Rob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home